Sorry for so much delay on updating the recipes, but here it comes. A nice hearty vegetable stew. You'll need:
4 eggplants, peeled and cubed
1 large onion diced
3 bell peppers (any color) cut up in chunks
2-3 large fresh tomatoes, skinned and chopped (or canned tomatoes blended)
fresh herbs (coriander, parsley) a bunch (to your taste) I like a lot of herbs.
about 2/3 of a cup oil (sunflower or olive to your preference)
salt (to taste)
crushed red peppers (to taste)
1. Prepare the vegetables and layer them in a deep saucepan starting with a bit of oil, then eggplant, then onion, then tomatoes.
2. cover with the bell peppers and pour oil over it all.
3. Cover with a lid and let simmer on medium heat until the vegetables get soft.
4. Remove the lid, add fresh herbs and salt and pepper and cover. Do not mix.
5. Continue to simmer until eggplants feel soft and mushy.
6. Remove from heat, mix well and serve with home fried or baked potatoes or plain.
It's also good after it's been refrigerated and you can eat it cold.
Some people add diced potatoes from the beginning, and it's also very tasty but takes longer to cook, since in that case your indicator for readiness is the potatoes - not the eggplant.
Enjoy and share your photos!