Couscous (for those of you in Georgia, you can buy it at Goodwill) can be prepared in 5 minutes (it's pre-prepared, otherwise you need to cook it for a long time).
Oil - I recomment olive oil for its special aroma. Choose extra light if you want to have less calories. You'll need oil for couscous and almost all other sides listed below.
Green onions - 10-12
Chicken fillet - two chicken breasts - about 450 gr.
2 garlic cloves or about half a teaspoon of garlic powder.
Soy sauce - 2 tablespoons
Flour - 1/2 cup
Curry powder - 3 teaspoons
Ginger powder - 2 teaspoons - you will find it at some supermarkets, but there is a spice place on the "Bazroba" where they always have it.
Milk - 1/3 cup
Canned chili beans - (can be found at goodwill) Has special aroma of chili peppers but is not spicy.
Green onions - 2-3
Tomatoes 2-3 medium sized
Green onions - 2
Bell peppers - 3-4 medium sized
Carrot - 1 large
Green onions - 2-3
1. Cut the chicken breasts in pieces about 2cm X 1.5 cm cubes. Put in large bowl and pour 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Mix to coat the chicken cubes with sauce.
2. Put a medium skillet on fire, pour some olive oul - about 2-3 tablespoons.
3. Cover chicken cubes in flour and put in the skillet so that all pieces are on the same lever. Leave on fire for 2-3 minutes. After 2-3 minutes flip the cubes and leave for another 2-3 minutes. Add cut up green onions and mix well. If you see that the mixture is to dry, add some oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes with onions.
4. Pour some milk in a cup, add curry and ginger powder, mix well and pour over chicken. There should be some milk left on the bottom of the skillet. If most of this dries up, add some milk. Mix well and leave on the fire for 3-4 minutes. The milk will mix with flour and make a thick sauce. Add pepper and salt to taste and remove from fire.
1. To prepare the bean mixture, take a small pot and put on medium fire. When it gets a bit hot, pour in olive oil (about 2 tablespoons). Add cut up onions and mix well. When the onions are sauteed, add the can of beans with liquid. When it gets well warmed, add pepper, fenugreek and a bit of cumin.
2. Mash the beans so that all beans are squished. Add salt to taste and remove from fire.
1. To prepare the vegetables, cut up bell peppers into thick chunks, grate carrots on the wide side of the grater, cut green onions.
2. Heat a skillet on medium fire, add oil (about 2 tablespoons) - put all vegetables in at the same time, reduce heat and sautee the vegetables.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
1. In a separate bowl, put cubed tomatoes, finely chopped onions, oregano (about 1/3 teaspoon) salt and pepper and mix well.
1. Prepare Couscous according to instructions: boil 2 cups of water, add half a teaspoon of salt, add 2 cups of couscous and mix well. Reduce heat so it doesn't burn.
2. Couscous will absorb the water fast. It is important to keep the proportions, otherwise the couscous will be too thin if there's too much water and too dry if there's not enough water.
3. Add two tablespoons of olive oil and mix well.
TO SERVE- Put couscous on a big, wide dish, add chicken, sauteed vegetables, beans and tomatoes. When serving, you can take a bit of everything with a bit of couscous. You can also mix it all together and enjoy! :)
This meal is for 3 - 4 persons.
This recipe is a mixture of cultures - chicken is cooked with an Indian recipe, Beans with Georgian, Tomatoes - Italian, and sauteed vegetables are the same everywhere. :)
Hope you like it!